How to prepare for your appointment:
• 24 hours prior to your appointment, DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL or CAFFEINE.
• 72 hours prior to your appointment, DO NOT TAKE ADVIL or other blood thinners such as Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Niacin or Vitamin E unless medically necessary.
• Avoid booking during your menstrual cycle as it can increase your pain.
• No waxing, tanning or tinting 3 days before.
• Arrive with no makeup for your appointment. A lot of wiping of pigment takes place and makeup can get ruined.
• Be prepared for your brows to look a little red and really dark! – don’t worry, they will fade in color 30-50%.
• No chemical peels, dermabrasion, laser or any other intense treatments 2 weeks before treatment.
How long does a Microblading procedure take?
Microblading is a 2 step process, usually 6 to 8 weeks apart. It is important to complete both the initial procedure and touch up.
STEP 1: The initial procedure take up to 3 hours. During this time, a consultation is done where we discuss your desired brow look, choose a colour tone and draw the initial outline of the procedure area for your approval. Though our faces are NOT perfectly symmetrical (one side is usually flatter than the other), we do our very best to create as much symmetry as possible! As we like to say BROWS ARE SISTERS, NOT TWINS. Once you are satisfied with the basic shape and symmetry, the area is then traced over and semi-permanent pigment is applied with a disposable microblading hand tool. This procedure uses a manual hand tool and not a machine.
STEP 2: The second stage of the treatment is a 'Perfecting' appointment. This takes approximately 1 hour and should be done within 4 to 6 weeks of the first initial session. It is IMPERATIVE you complete the perfecting treatment. Without it, the results will not be optimal. Colour will fade significantly within 4 weeks. The touch up corrects any irregularities in the microbladed hair strokes, color tones and finishes the process.
**Occasionally a third touch up (4-6 weeks later) might be needed for certain clients where the pigment does not take as well to the skin. **
How long does it last?
Microblading is semi-permanent and Depending on your skin type pigments will fade slowly over 12 to 18 months. When maintained they can last between 1-3 years. In order to keep your brows looking fresh, a touch up is recommended every 6 months to 12 months maximum. For clients that choose a softer look and lighter color shade initially or those who did not follow the after care instructions properly may require more frequent touch ups.
Factors that will cause your microbladed brows to fade faster:
• Iron deficiency
• Sun exposure (tanning)
• Strong immune systems
• Exposure to salt water
• Oily type of skin
How to take care of microbladed eyebrows:
•30 minutes after the treatment rinse the eyebrows gently with neutral soap (baby shampoo). Remove all the limph and previously applied cream. Apply a thin layer of phishield. Repeat the procedure 2-3 times during the day for 7 days.
• Avoid practicing sports, swimming, hot sauna, hot bath or jacuzzi, sun tanning or salon tanning, excess sweating cause removing of the pigments.
• Avoid any laser or chemical treatments or peelings, and/or any creams containing Glycolic Acid on forehead and eyebrows.
• Avoid picking, peeling or scratching eyebrows in order to avoid scarring of the area or removal of the pigment.
•Avoid make up (foundation) on the eyebrows.
• Avoid performing tasks related to heavy household cleaning such as garage or basement cleaning where there is a lot of airborne debris.
• Avoid drinking alcohol in excess as it may lead to slow healing of wounds.
• Avoid driving in open air vehicles such as convertibles, boats, bicycles or motorcycles.
• Before showering apply a layer of post-care cream to protect your eyebrows from moisture. During the shower keep your face away from direct shower. Itching and flaking may appear during the first seven days post microblading procedure, However, experience has shown that by following these aftercare instructions these symptoms may quickly disappear.
• Once completely healed, always apply a layer of sunscreen SPF 30 on your eyebrows when exposed to the sun. Sun exposure might cause the color pigment to fade away more quickly.
What types of pigments we use?
We use iron oxide-free pigments that will fade over time without leaving any red, blue or purple shadow and it naturally absorbs by the skin without harming.